Thursday, June 12, 2014

Conclusion

Now that I have finished my entire passion project it's time to evaluate how it went and reflect on weather or not I was able to achieve any of the goals that I set out to accomplish at the beginning of the semester. First off I would just like to say that I personally am very pleased with how my model B-24 bomber turned out. When I began the model I wasn't sure how it would turn out considering how much time and skill is necessary to properly complete such a large model. in the end I was satisfied with most of how my model turned out with the exceptions of two of the decals which didn't  apply properly. I came into this project with one of my goals being to learn how to properly paint models. While I was never able to experiment with an airbrush I was able to get a lot better at hand brushing and found that as far as my needs are concerned airbrushing is not really necessary. While I didn't get to airbrush I was able to experiment with my other goals such as sanding and using filler and ultimately was happy with my ability to incorporate these components of model making into my 1:48 Consolidated B-24 Bomber. My main goal that I wished to accomplish over this project was to succeed in constructing my model Consolidated B-24 Liberator Bomber with the most detail and historical accuracy possible, an I am happy to say that I absolutely accomplished this and am proud of how realistic my finished product looks. Ultimately I am quite happy with how my model turned out considering my time constraints and am happy that this project gave me the excuse to finally get around to doing something I have been wanting to do for a while now.

No comments:

Post a Comment